Services are provided in native languages by bilingual attorneys: divorces, local and international, consultations about family matters by top experts, Hague Convention, child support, alimony, adoptions, wills and trusts, legalization of foreign divorces, registration and legalization of foreign documents, apostilles, mid-marriage agreements and prenuptials, restoration of vital documents, all matter related to the United States, former USSR territories, Europe, Israel and Australia.

Russian-Divorce International Office

We live in a global world. Given that reality, people are often involved in international relationships. You might need to get a divorce, receive vital records documentation from other countries, get a professional legal opinion from a Russian attorney, or make a personal service to a defendant in Russia. We will be glad to handle any of these matters.

Karina Duvall acquired a deep knowledge of International Law at three Universities located in three different jurisdictions: at the Yaroslav the Wise National Law University (Kharkiv, Ukraine, 1995), the Law School at the St. Petersburg State University (Russia, 1997), and the Maurice A. Deane School of Law at Hofstra University (New York, USA, 2021). She was taught by outstanding professors, such as Professor Ludmila Nikiforovna Galenskaya (St. Petersburg), Professor Juliana Campagna (New York), and many others.

In the summer of 2020, we opened a notary office in Brooklyn, New York. Our office serves people from Russia, Ukraine, the Republic of Uzbekistan, etc. Our notarial documents meet the highest standards and are unconditionally accepted everywhere. By power of attorney issued in our office, you can sell or buy an apartment, obtain inheritance, withdraw money from a bank account, obtain an individual tax number, restore registry office documents like birth certificates, marriage certificates, divorce certificates, death certificates, and change of name certificates. Also, we can represent you in court, obtain a police clearance certificate, receive any documents from district and municipal courts, and represent you in state archives. You can notarize with us any statements, consents, or applications, including parental consent to travel overseas and much more. Our partners in other cities and countries will help you notarize any document in any jurisdiction. You do not have to contact the consulate anymore – having a properly executed document by an apostille, you can open any door.

Our main offices are located in St. Petersburg, Moscow, New York, Kyiv, and Tashkent. We also have partners in many other jurisdictions. This allows us to effectively resolve your legal issues within a reasonable time frame. We will represent you in any court and any other instances and institutions (registry office, tax authorities, notary bodies on issues of inheritance in your homeland, and much more). Karina Duvall, having an impeccable reputation as a highly professional international lawyer, will be happy to represent you in any legal case, including but not limited to international child abduction, custody and visitation issues, divorce, separation, property disputes, and much more.

If you need to receive any legal documents from the court, ZAGS, and police authorities, including Apostille in any jurisdiction, please do not hesitate to contact us now. We also will be glad to make personal service in any jurisdiction.

After 30 years of multijurisdictional practice, we have earned our reputation for providing high-quality and effective solutions to international law matters.


Questions: 490
Page 1 from 49
Family law : divorce and division of property. (USA)
Dear Karina Duvall, If my wife and me get married out of the states are we still able to get divorced at the same country (out of the state) and is it going to be easy to register it in USA

Notary (USA)
I was born in Manhattan, in NYC, so not naturalized. The addition of a middle name was voluntary, not related to marriage or any other external impetus. Unfortunately, my mother passed away some time ago, so cannot advise me on this. I remember going to the court for the name change (addition of middle name), but I do not remember the exact year. I am fairly certain I was around 10 or 11 years old, which would have been 1968-69. This past week I went to the county and city clerk’s offices in Manhattan to try and find the record. They had me search through the old name change books from those periods (and several years before and after) – those records are not digitized. I did not see my name in those books, and they didn’t seem to have any other way of locating the record. They suggested I try Brooklyn, but I am pretty sure we went to a court in Manhattan, as I only lived in Manhattan until I left the city. We lived in various places in Manhattan when I was growing up – the most likely places are Cornelia St. in the Village, East 4th St. (in the East Village). Unfortunately, I don’t remember the exact street addresses, although I might be able to find out that information.

Notary (USA)
Greetings – I wrote a question on Avvo about a situation I am in with regard to my middle name. As a child I changed my name officially (with my mother's help) in the NYC court system (I believe this was in the late 60's or early 70's, but am not sure of the exact year/month). I recently went to the county and city courts (60 and 111 Centre St.) in Manhattan but could not find the record in their record books. The discrepancy has never been a problem for me before, but my brother and I are currently trying to sell property I inherited in Mexico, and our lawyers have cited this as a problem. It may not be insurmountable, but I am told it would be better if I can obtain some documentation of the name change. I was encouraged to hear that you are experienced with this kind of issue, and would like to learn more.

Notary (USA)
Hello Karina!

I am reaching out to you as we have buyers located in Brooklyn that are
in need of a mobile notary that speaks Russian. They are aiming to close on either Friday or Monday. Would you be available to conduct this signing?


We unfortunately just got word that the buyer is now having to obtain financing with a new lender so the transaction is being postponed. I am keeping your contact information on file & will contact you as soon as the new closing date is established.

Thank you so much for your time & I look forward to speaking with you soon!

Family Law: termination of parental rights, rights of the child, child support. (Russia)
In December 2020 my wife and child left on holiday from New York, USA to St. Petersburg, Russia and now have no plans to return.

My daughter age 8 resides with her mother in St. Petersburg.

There is property in New York and wife’s recent purchase an apartment in St. Petersburg. I want her to release property in New York to me with Power of Attorney and Quit Claim Deed and I will release her property to her in Russia (wife sold 2nd house of equal value and took all proceeds).

The final divorce documents I will need translated and properly certified so I will be able to my New York attorney for settling divorce in New York.

Family law : divorce and division of property. (Russia)
In the event one party does not make full disclosure of his assets, does the Russian court have any method to compel disclosure or to remedy the prejudice caused to the other party (e.g. by giving a higher proportion of assets to the other party as a ‘penalty’ to the non-disclosing party)?

Family law : divorce and division of property. (Russia)

Family law : divorce and division of property. (Russia)

Family law : divorce and division of property. (Russia)

Questions: 490
Page 1 from 49
The highest compliment you can pay me is the referral of a friend or a relative.
+1-212-205-2211 New York
+1-212-574-3288 New York (Fax)
+1-617-850-9199 Boston
+1-310-929-8444 Los Angeles
+9-722-375-2113 Israel
+7-495-662-8721 Moscow
+7-921-946-0582 St.Petersburg
+7-812-309-5697 St.Petersburg (fax)
+38-044-392-8634 Kiev

Divorce in Russia ©

Copyright © 1998-2024

Russian attorney at law Karina Duvall.

Terms and conditions of Russian-Divorce PC

Russian-Divorce Professional Corp. BBB Business Review