Services are provided in native languages by bilingual attorneys: divorces, local and international, consultations about family matters by top experts, Hague Convention, child support, alimony, adoptions, wills and trusts, legalization of foreign divorces, registration and legalization of foreign documents, apostilles, mid-marriage agreements and prenuptials, restoration of vital documents, all matter related to the United States, former USSR territories, Europe, Israel and Australia.
Questions: 127
Page 1 from 13
Notary (USA)
I was born in Manhattan, in NYC, so not naturalized. The addition of a middle name was voluntary, not related to marriage or any other external impetus. Unfortunately, my mother passed away some time ago, so cannot advise me on this. I remember going to the court for the name change (addition of middle name), but I do not remember the exact year. I am fairly certain I was around 10 or 11 years old, which would have been 1968-69. This past week I went to the county and city clerk’s offices in Manhattan to try and find the record. They had me search through the old name change books from those periods (and several years before and after) – those records are not digitized. I did not see my name in those books, and they didn’t seem to have any other way of locating the record. They suggested I try Brooklyn, but I am pretty sure we went to a court in Manhattan, as I only lived in Manhattan until I left the city. We lived in various places in Manhattan when I was growing up – the most likely places are Cornelia St. in the Village, East 4th St. (in the East Village). Unfortunately, I don’t remember the exact street addresses, although I might be able to find out that information.

Notary (USA)
Greetings – I wrote a question on Avvo about a situation I am in with regard to my middle name. As a child I changed my name officially (with my mother's help) in the NYC court system (I believe this was in the late 60's or early 70's, but am not sure of the exact year/month). I recently went to the county and city courts (60 and 111 Centre St.) in Manhattan but could not find the record in their record books. The discrepancy has never been a problem for me before, but my brother and I are currently trying to sell property I inherited in Mexico, and our lawyers have cited this as a problem. It may not be insurmountable, but I am told it would be better if I can obtain some documentation of the name change. I was encouraged to hear that you are experienced with this kind of issue, and would like to learn more.

Notary (USA)
Hello Karina!

I am reaching out to you as we have buyers located in Brooklyn that are
in need of a mobile notary that speaks Russian. They are aiming to close on either Friday or Monday. Would you be available to conduct this signing?


We unfortunately just got word that the buyer is now having to obtain financing with a new lender so the transaction is being postponed. I am keeping your contact information on file & will contact you as soon as the new closing date is established.

Thank you so much for your time & I look forward to speaking with you soon!

Family Law: divorce proceedings, conclusion of marriage (USA)
In New York, “sole custody” means that the custodial parent is able to solely make major decisions e.g. relating to the child’s education, health, religion and country of residence, whereas “joint custody” means both parents have to consent to such major decision for the child.

Questions of registration and citizenship (USA)
My son was adopted from Russia. Currently wants to join the Navy Seals. He is told he needs to renounce his citizenship. First is this true? Second, the recruiter does not seem to know how to help him do this. Any suggestions?? Thank you for any information. He is technically enlisted, but this is the last step.

Immigration Law (USA)
Hi Karina,

My name is Nosson and my mother-in-law gave me your contact information. My family is
in the process of preparing our aliya papers and we need the following documents apostilled:

Marriage Certificate
5 Birth Certificates

Is there a time we can meet or speak on the phone in order for these documents to be apostilled?

I have cc'd my wife to this email as well.

Thank you very much!

Family law : divorce and division of property. (USA)

Family Law: termination of parental rights, rights of the child, child support. (USA)
My child is in Russia. He has lived there with my ex for longer than 6 months. I am a citizen and resident of New York. Can i get sole custody of my son in New York?

Family law : divorce and division of property. (USA)
I married a Russian woman in New York but she left me and returned to Russia within months. She has now hired a US lawyer to sue me for spousal support and equitable distribution.

Family Law: termination of parental rights, rights of the child, child support. (USA)
John and I got divorced in 2016. Our children are 8 and 12. They reside with me and visit with dad. I met a very nice man and we began dating a few years ago. My boyfriend has proposed to me, but he resides in Maryland and my divorce agreement does not allow me to move outside of the New York Metropolitan area. What can I do? Do I have to choose between the man of my dreams and custody of my children?

Questions: 127
Page 1 from 13
russian divorce services Payment by credit card
The highest compliment you can pay me is the referral of a friend or a relative.
+1-212-205-2211 New York
+1-212-574-3288 New York (Fax)
+1-617-850-9199 Boston
+1-310-929-8444 Los Angeles
+9-722-375-2113 Israel
+7-495-662-8721 Moscow
+7-921-946-0582 St.Petersburg
+7-812-309-5697 St.Petersburg (fax)
+38-044-392-8634 Kiev

Divorce in Russia ©

Copyright © 1998-2023

Russian attorney at law Karina Duvall.

Terms and conditions of Russian-Divorce PC

Russian-Divorce Professional Corp. BBB Business Review