Services are provided in native languages by bilingual attorneys: divorces, local and international, consultations about family matters by top experts, Hague Convention, child support, alimony, adoptions, wills and trusts, legalization of foreign divorces, registration and legalization of foreign documents, apostilles, mid-marriage agreements and prenuptials, restoration of vital documents, all matter related to the United States, former USSR territories, Europe, Israel and Australia.
Questions: 442
Page 3 from 45
Family Law: divorce proceedings, conclusion of marriage (Russia)
I need a certified copy of a marriage certificate from a Moscow based ZAGS. I currently live in London, UK and my husband, who I am divorcing, lives in USA. Can you please let me know how long this would take, how much it would cost and what you might need from me in the way of documentation.

Family Law: divorce proceedings, conclusion of marriage (Russia)
Hi Karina,

I would be so happy to get some help regarding divorce. I don’t know if
this will be your expertise, but I hope so? I would like to recommend them to someone who can help them.

I have some questions about divorce in the US of a marriage between two Russian Citizens who both have permanent residency/green cards in the US

They’ve been married for about 10+ years. Married in Russia.

Lived in the United States for about 7 years. Have a 3 1/2 year old child.

They both intend to live in the US, potentially for life. The woman will likely become a US citizen in about 2 years. The man may just continue with the permanent residency. They have been paying taxes in the US for the entire time they have lived here.

Can they divorce here? Must they divorce in Russia? Must they file paperwork in both places?

Family Law: divorce proceedings, conclusion of marriage (Russia)
My wife was married before we got married. I am certain, based on past conversations that she was still married when we got married.

I need an original copy of her divorce paperwork with real date of execution.

I don't want legal representation. I want the legal document. If this cannot be got without her permission, which I find hard to believe, then we are dead in the water.

Family Law: divorce proceedings, conclusion of marriage (Russia)

Family Law: termination of parental rights, rights of the child, child support. (Russia)

Family Law: divorce proceedings, conclusion of marriage (Russia)
We married in New York, USA on September 2018.

We have lived together in Moscow since January,
2018 because of waiting for her green card interview.

We have our son born in August 2018 in Moscow.

I have not seen such an aggressive girl. I have tried to be patient for my baby not to grow up with parents divorced. She always has me hid the fact we married because she wanted to keep child support from the Ex-husband. She refused to move to USA. That is the compromise broken because we promised to move to USA and live there permanently.

Wife and I stay at home 24hrs to care the baby, but she doesn't cook for me or clean house or wash dishes and laundry. I do everything, but she sleeps with a baby.

I want to move back to my town, NYS with my son as soon as possible.

I am looking for a specialty in international spouse's divorce to get a sole custody on my son.

US Embassy doesn't issue USA passport for a child without my sole custody decision.

Family Law: termination of parental rights, rights of the child, child support. (Russia)
Hi Dear Karina,

I might give you a phone call today, but here is my situation in
full text. I need some assistance on what to do to cut my loss.

I'm a US citizen. I was temporarily working in Eastern Europe and have a Russian Girlfriend. 5 month ago we were discussing getting kids, I said I did not want and she said she wanted. One month later, I learnt that she is pregnant, and does not want to abort. I feel like dying and want to get out of this relation. It looks like she wants to "have as many kids as she can" and we just are too different at that point. I am scared that if I give her residency here, or a marriage, it will put me in deep trouble.

I work as a contractor with ups and downs, last year was quite ok, as I did not take vacations and such.

I have a few questions:

- Is there something I can do to not pay child support (even if you will not provide me the info as it is perhaps illegal)? I am free to relocate anytime.

- I tried to ask arranging an amount instead of a percentage, she is against it. She wants the state to decide (obviously more favorable for her). What can I expect? Should I consider living with her in Russia with no income for a year to reduce my bill? or something else?

Thank you for reading. Hope we can come up with something, or at least clarify how I can either cut my loss now, or a bit later.

Family Law: divorce proceedings, conclusion of marriage (Russia)
Plan to meet with notary on the 13th and I understand they will review and possibly make changes to prenup. What do you mean that they take more time? More than versus a US notary? I don't mind if they take their time reviewing unless I understood wrong. thank you

Family law : divorce and division of property. (Russia)
Hi Karina,

I will be filing for divorce in Russia, my wife is and has been living
in Russia since 2002. We were married in St. Petersburg, Russia, in 2001. I will want help with that, but, also, I would like to know if you can also help with removing her name off the deed of my house in USA? Her name is not on the mortgage and the bank still owes more than half.

She has agreed to it, but, I am not sure how this works with her in Russia. If she was in the USA, we could do it as a notary, with quit claim deed.


Family Law: divorce proceedings, conclusion of marriage (Russia)
Hi Karina, first I will like to know the answers of these five basic questions.

Here is
my situation:

In January of 2016, I got married to a Russian national (from Moscow district). We got married in New York.

I possess the marriage documents in New York.

Later on, my spouse also got my name on her Russian passport in ZAGS as we submitted our New York marriage documents with translation and attestation.

As of December 2018, she told me that she no longer wants to continue the marriage as she is not happy in the relationship.

I tried a lot to save the marriage but she did not agree, so I acknowledged the decision.

She told me that she will apply for divorce in Russia, and it is not necessary for me to be present for the divorce.

However a month ago, she sent me a message that the divorce in Russia was not successful, as she was said that she cannot get divorced in Russia because the marriage happened in USA (I am not sure about this, there is a possibility that she is telling a lie).

Regardless, since many months have passed and we both have moved on with our lives. To start fresh I want the marriage to end legally.

I am 36 years old. We do not have any children, and we do not have any shared assets (property, car etc.).

New York laws try to save the marriage; hence it can take several years to get the divorce.

Also, I have confirmed in the United States that a divorce taken in Russia is valid in New York with no extra process.

Hence, I want to get the divorce from Russia.

I have the following questions :

1. First of all, is it possible to get divorced in Russia? (When the wife is Russian but husband is American and the marriage happened in the United States).

2. If yes, do I need to get the consent of my wife or can I apply it myself? (I do not talk to my wife anymore, and if possible I will try to get the divorce done with minimum communication from her).

3. Is it necessary for me to come to Russia for signing the papers? (If possible, I will love that I do not need to come and the attorney can do the processes. I can mail all documents needed etc.).

4. How much time it will take usually to get such divorce.

5. If the answer to question 1 is yes, then do you provide such services, or can you get me a divorce lawyer from your firm?

Questions: 442
Page 3 from 45
The highest compliment you can pay me is the referral of a friend or a relative.
+1-212-205-2211 New York
+1-212-574-3288 New York (Fax)
+1-617-850-9199 Boston
+1-310-929-8444 Los Angeles
+9-722-375-2113 Israel
+7-495-662-8721 Moscow
+7-921-946-0582 St.Petersburg
+7-812-309-5697 St.Petersburg (fax)
+38-044-392-8634 Kiev

Divorce in Russia ©

Copyright © 1998-2024

Russian attorney at law Karina Duvall.

Terms and conditions of Russian-Divorce PC

Russian-Divorce Professional Corp. BBB Business Review