Services are provided in native languages by bilingual attorneys: divorces, local and international, consultations about family matters by top experts, Hague Convention, child support, alimony, adoptions, wills and trusts, legalization of foreign divorces, registration and legalization of foreign documents, apostilles, mid-marriage agreements and prenuptials, restoration of vital documents, all matter related to the United States, former USSR territories, Europe, Israel and Australia.
Questions: 27
Page 3 from 3
Family Law: divorce proceedings, conclusion of marriage (Ukraine)
My wife is Ukrainian. She left me while we were on a trip in America in August. I had been lying about drinking and using drugs. I was scared and ashamed. I have a history of alcoholism. I was without alcohol for 2.5 years. She new my problems. She left me cause she did not know what I was doing and I always told her I had to leave for no reason but the reason was me being addicted to drugs. I have quit the drugs and am working very hard to be the man she fell in love with and not the one that scared her and made her sad.

She lives in Donetsk. She is making in my thoughts a fast divorce when she was hurt for being lied to because of my addiction. Her mom gave us an apartment and my dad spent 10,000 US dollars to remodel it. I had no interest in the house because it was in her moms name. I said she could have everything. I just want to delay this divorce to give me time to work on my issues and be the husband that I was. Is there anything you can do at the ZAGS that can give me a chance to have my interest heard or slow the divorce.

Family Law: termination of parental rights, rights of the child, child support. (Ukraine)

Family Law: divorce proceedings, conclusion of marriage (Ukraine)
I met my wife over 3.5 years ago. We a civil marriage in Odessa Oblast, Ukraine. She is a current green card holder in US. She has maintained relationships with male friends throughout our marriage which sometimes stressed me. Her mother was ill so she returned to Ukraine to be with her. During the last few months there have been a lot of stresses on our family. My mother died, her father died. I was in Ukraine for New Year. Two weeks ago, by surprise, my wife told me she would divorce me. Although she contends I did everything to make her comfortable her, she missed her country. Two days later, we talked and at that time the divorce was put on hold. The next day, I received an email from one of her male friends detailing an apparent affair with him. Although the evidence would make anyone think twice, I am an intelligient man and have records that prove otherwise. The issue here is my wife values her privacy and believes that I comprimised her trust by hacking into her mail account. I am in IT and her friend was a company owner. Right now she is extremely angry at me an will not talk to me. One of my Ukrainian friends told me that she can just get a lawyer there and claim that I abused her and she can get an uncontested divorce. Is this the case. I do not want a divorce and my immigration lawyers believe otherwise about her. I do not want to see her hurt. What is your advice?

Family Law: divorce proceedings, conclusion of marriage (Ukraine)
I am married to a woman in the Ukraine. Prior to getting married we purchased apartment in Ukraine. It is in her name because I did not have tax id. Since getting married in 2007, she has become more demanding for money and very secretive and does not answer questions when I ask her. I have a feeling that she is scamming me. Do you think detectives can get information on her scamming me and I get the apartment back and get an annulment? To get annulment do I need to go there and can you do that?

Family Law: termination of parental rights, rights of the child, child support. (Ukraine)
My bride living in Ukraine divorced more than two years ago. She has an eight-year old daughter living with her in Ukraine. I want us all to live in France where I live, after we get married. But she consulted two lawyers in Ukraine, and they both told her that without her ex-husband`s consent she would not be able to take her child from Ukraine. Meanwhile, it has no difference if we are married or not.

Please, explain to me how the Ukrainian law handles this situation. Does she really have to wait 10 years until her daughter is 18 to be able to build her further life? She sees it impossible to immigrate without her daughter.

Can she and her daughter go for a short holiday to France? Or is the child`s father`s consent is necessary in this case as well?

Please, tell me about it in detail. Could you possibly help?

Family Law: divorce proceedings, conclusion of marriage (Ukraine)
Here is my question: I am a citizen of Tunis and I am married to a Ukrainian citizen. The marriage was registered in the territory of Ukraine (Donetsk) and legalized in Tunis. The spouses have a minor son (4 years old). The wife took the child and left Tunis. She lives with her parents in the territory of Russia. She doesn’t keep in touch with her son’s father. She is not going to come back and doesn’t intend to divorce or claim alimony payments. The husband wants to divorce. How can it be done? Is it possible to divorce without going to Ukraine? Maybe it shall be done through Ukrainian Embassy in Tunis? What is required for that? Please help! I need professional advise.

Family Law: termination of parental rights, rights of the child, child support. (Ukraine)
I have a question: can I sue for alimony payments in the territory of Ukraine being married to a US citizen residing in the USA? What are the chances of getting the payments? I do not want to return to the States and I do not want to live there I feel very bad there. Flying back is difficult and risky for health. I am in Ukraine now. The marriage is not dissolved.

Questions: 27
Page 3 from 3
The highest compliment you can pay me is the referral of a friend or a relative.
+1-212-205-2211 New York
+1-212-574-3288 New York (Fax)
+1-617-850-9199 Boston
+1-310-929-8444 Los Angeles
+9-722-375-2113 Israel
+7-495-662-8721 Moscow
+7-921-946-0582 St.Petersburg
+7-812-309-5697 St.Petersburg (fax)
+38-044-392-8634 Kiev

Divorce in Russia ©

Copyright © 1998-2024

Russian attorney at law Karina Duvall.

Terms and conditions of Russian-Divorce PC

Russian-Divorce Professional Corp. BBB Business Review