Services are provided in native languages by bilingual attorneys: divorces, local and international, consultations about family matters by top experts, Hague Convention, child support, alimony, adoptions, wills and trusts, legalization of foreign divorces, registration and legalization of foreign documents, apostilles, mid-marriage agreements and prenuptials, restoration of vital documents, all matter related to the United States, former USSR territories, Europe, Israel and Australia.
Family Law: divorce proceedings, conclusion of marriage (Russia)

My boyfriend (Russian) and I (US citizen) wish to get married, but he did not seek a divorce years ago when he and his wife broke up. How can we obtain a divorce for him when he hasn't spoken to her in years AND without going to Russia? Thanks.


Yes, it's possible to dissolve the marriage for your boyfriend without going to Russia. In order to start the divorce proceedings in Russia he is needed:

- to prepare a notary certified Power of Attorney (I would send you the template) that allow me to act on his behalf;

- have this Power of Attorney apostilled at secretary of state (it's needed to legalized the document abroad), I can also send you an example of the apostille;

- send me all required documents by express mail (UPS, DHL, etc).

All other actions are being provided by me.

Please tell me the following data:

1. Place of residence of your boyfriend in Russia.

2. Place of residence of his wife in Russia.

3. Place of registration of their marriage.

4. Who does possess of theirs Marriage Certificate?

5. Do they have common children?

6. Does his wife agree with divorce?

I can state my fee for such case then I have answers on the above questions.

Articles and consultations authored by attorney reflect the state of law as of the date of their writing. The laws change daily. Users of this site are advised to consult attorney regarding their situation.
Karina Duvall
russian divorce services Payment by credit card
The highest compliment you can pay me is the referral of a friend or a relative.
+1-212-205-2211 New York
+1-212-574-3288 New York (Fax)
+1-617-850-9199 Boston
+1-310-929-8444 Los Angeles
+9-722-375-2113 Israel
+7-495-662-8721 Moscow
+7-921-946-0582 St.Petersburg
+7-812-309-5697 St.Petersburg (fax)
+38-044-392-8634 Kiev

Divorce in Russia ©

Copyright © 1998-2023

Russian attorney at law Karina Duvall.

Terms and conditions of Russian-Divorce PC

Russian-Divorce Professional Corp. BBB Business Review