Services are provided in native languages by bilingual attorneys: divorces, local and international, consultations about family matters by top experts, Hague Convention, child support, alimony, adoptions, wills and trusts, legalization of foreign divorces, registration and legalization of foreign documents, apostilles, mid-marriage agreements and prenuptials, restoration of vital documents, all matter related to the United States, former USSR territories, Europe, Israel and Australia.
Family law : divorce and division of property. (Russia)

My common-law husband and I have been living together for five years. This year we bought an apartment (mortgage credit). The credit was issued to him as his income is significantly higher than mine and we are not married. Therefore his is the sole owner of the apartment. We’ll be repaying the credit for 15 years and we can not divide the apartment into shares. It is mentioned in the credit agreement that I will live in the apartment and will be permanently registered there. We are going to register our marriage and we are expecting a baby. How can I secure myself in case any changes happen during the mentioned 15 years? Are there any laws applicable for such situations or I should better conclude a marriage contract? Thank you.


Surely it would have been reasonable to conclude the marriage before conclusion of the mortgage credit agreement. However you will have a right to a part of the apartment equal to 1/2 of the part of the apartment repaid after the date of state registration of the marriage. In case any disputes arise this right will have to be judicially proved. In case you claim to one half of the apartment you’d better conclude a marriage contract provided that your husband doesn’t mind.

Articles and consultations authored by attorney reflect the state of law as of the date of their writing. The laws change daily. Users of this site are advised to consult attorney regarding their situation.
Karina Duvall
russian divorce services Payment by credit card
The highest compliment you can pay me is the referral of a friend or a relative.
+1-212-205-2211 New York
+1-212-574-3288 New York (Fax)
+1-617-850-9199 Boston
+1-310-929-8444 Los Angeles
+9-722-375-2113 Israel
+7-495-662-8721 Moscow
+7-921-946-0582 St.Petersburg
+7-812-309-5697 St.Petersburg (fax)
+38-044-392-8634 Kiev

Divorce in Russia ©

Copyright © 1998-2022

Russian attorney at law Karina Duvall.

Terms and conditions of Russian-Divorce PC

Russian-Divorce Professional Corp. BBB Business Review