Services are provided in native languages by bilingual attorneys: divorces, local and international, consultations about family matters by top experts, Hague Convention, child support, alimony, adoptions, wills and trusts, legalization of foreign divorces, registration and legalization of foreign documents, apostilles, mid-marriage agreements and prenuptials, restoration of vital documents, all matter related to the United States, former USSR territories, Europe, Israel and Australia.
Family Law: termination of parental rights, rights of the child, child support. (Russia)

Our minor child stayed with the mother after divorce and I effect alimony payments. I have a reason to think that the money I transfer to my ex-wife’s personal account are spent on her. I have recently read in the Family Code that I can transfer half of the amount to my child’s personal account. Can I transfer the whole amount to my child’s personal account? Which documents shall I collect in order to transfer all or at least a part of alimony payments to my child’s personal account?


You are not entitled to change the procedure of alimony payments by yourself. According to Art. 60 part 2 of the Family Code of the Russian Federation, all amounts payable to a child as alimony payments, pensions, and allowances are disposed by parents and shall be used for support, upbringing and education of the child. Upon parent’s request the court is entitled to deliver a judgment allowing to transfer up to 50% of alimony payments to bank accounts opened in the names of minor children. This means that alimony payment procedure can be changed only by court decision and only within 50%. I think that you have very small chances to obtain such judgment.

Articles and consultations authored by attorney reflect the state of law as of the date of their writing. The laws change daily. Users of this site are advised to consult attorney regarding their situation.
Karina Duvall
russian divorce services Payment by credit card
The highest compliment you can pay me is the referral of a friend or a relative.
+1-212-205-2211 New York
+1-212-574-3288 New York (Fax)
+1-617-850-9199 Boston
+1-310-929-8444 Los Angeles
+9-722-375-2113 Israel
+7-495-662-8721 Moscow
+7-921-946-0582 St.Petersburg
+7-812-309-5697 St.Petersburg (fax)
+38-044-392-8634 Kiev

Divorce in Russia ©

Copyright © 1998-2023

Russian attorney at law Karina Duvall.

Terms and conditions of Russian-Divorce PC

Russian-Divorce Professional Corp. BBB Business Review