Services are provided in native languages by bilingual attorneys: divorces, local and international, consultations about family matters by top experts, Hague Convention, child support, alimony, adoptions, wills and trusts, legalization of foreign divorces, registration and legalization of foreign documents, apostilles, mid-marriage agreements and prenuptials, restoration of vital documents, all matter related to the United States, former USSR territories, Europe, Israel and Australia.
Family Law: termination of parental rights, rights of the child, child support. (Russia)

My ex-husband intends to move to New Zealand for permanent residence (he doesn’t say anything to me about it and I know about it from his friends). He has got an unfulfilled obligation, i.e. alimony payments under a warrant of execution. How did he manage to obtain a passport for permanent residence abroad? In old good times he would have needed his relatives consent to departure. Furthermore, I will not be able to go abroad with my child as I will need father’s consent to minor child’s departure. What shall I do?


According to Art. 15-17 of the Law of the Russian Federation № 114-ФЗ dated August 15, 1996 “Procedure of entry and exit from the Russian Federation”, sub article 5 art. 6.1 of the Instruction approved by Order N 310 “Approval of the Instruction on issue of passports to Russian citizens for purposes of entry and exit from the Russian Federation” issued by the Ministry of Internal Affairs on 26.05.1997, a right of a Russian citizen to depart from the Russian Federation can be temporarily limited in case he/she avoids fulfillment of obligations imposed on him/her by court (in this case – alimony payments) until complete fulfillment of obligations or unless the parties reach an agreement. Relatives’ consent is not provided for by the Russian Law. However you will be able to exit and enter the Russian Federation without father’s consent. Basis: Art. 20, 21 of the Law of the Russian Federation № 114-ФЗ dated August 15, 1996 “Procedure of entry and exit from the Russian Federation”.

New Zealand visa granting procedure is regulated by the laws of New Zealand. You should find out in the New Zealand Consulate whether unfulfilled obligations are a basis for visa denial.

Articles and consultations authored by attorney reflect the state of law as of the date of their writing. The laws change daily. Users of this site are advised to consult attorney regarding their situation.
Karina Duvall
russian divorce services Payment by credit card
The highest compliment you can pay me is the referral of a friend or a relative.
+1-212-205-2211 New York
+1-212-574-3288 New York (Fax)
+1-617-850-9199 Boston
+1-310-929-8444 Los Angeles
+9-722-375-2113 Israel
+7-495-662-8721 Moscow
+7-921-946-0582 St.Petersburg
+7-812-309-5697 St.Petersburg (fax)
+38-044-392-8634 Kiev

Divorce in Russia ©

Copyright © 1998-2023

Russian attorney at law Karina Duvall.

Terms and conditions of Russian-Divorce PC

Russian-Divorce Professional Corp. BBB Business Review