Services are provided in native languages by bilingual attorneys: divorces, local and international, consultations about family matters by top experts, Hague Convention, child support, alimony, adoptions, wills and trusts, legalization of foreign divorces, registration and legalization of foreign documents, apostilles, mid-marriage agreements and prenuptials, restoration of vital documents, all matter related to the United States, former USSR territories, Europe, Israel and Australia.
Family Law: termination of parental rights, rights of the child, child support. (Russia)

Can a parent recover alimony payments from children in case he divorced after 10 years of joint living (the child was 10 years old) and he paid minimal alimony until the child reached the legal age. Now he has two minor children.


According to Art. 87 of the Family Code of the Russian Federation adult able-bodied children are obliged to support their unemployable impecunious parents and take care of them. Alimony payments shall be enforced by action in case there is no alimony payment agreement. Alimony amount shall be determined by the court taking into consideration financial and marital status of parents and children as well as other noteworthy interests of the parties, such amount shall be fixed and shall be paid monthly. The court is entitled to take into account all adult able-bodied children of such parent irrespective of whether the claim has been raised against all or any of them.

Children can be relieved from their duty to support their unemployable impecunious parents in case it is proved that the parents deviated from performance of parental duties. Children are relieved from alimony payments to parents deprived of parental rights.

Articles and consultations authored by attorney reflect the state of law as of the date of their writing. The laws change daily. Users of this site are advised to consult attorney regarding their situation.
Karina Duvall
russian divorce services Payment by credit card
The highest compliment you can pay me is the referral of a friend or a relative.
+1-212-205-2211 New York
+1-212-574-3288 New York (Fax)
+1-617-850-9199 Boston
+1-310-929-8444 Los Angeles
+9-722-375-2113 Israel
+7-495-662-8721 Moscow
+7-921-946-0582 St.Petersburg
+7-812-309-5697 St.Petersburg (fax)
+38-044-392-8634 Kiev

Divorce in Russia ©

Copyright © 1998-2023

Russian attorney at law Karina Duvall.

Terms and conditions of Russian-Divorce PC

Russian-Divorce Professional Corp. BBB Business Review