Services are provided in native languages by bilingual attorneys: divorces, local and international, consultations about family matters by top experts, Hague Convention, child support, alimony, adoptions, wills and trusts, legalization of foreign divorces, registration and legalization of foreign documents, apostilles, mid-marriage agreements and prenuptials, restoration of vital documents, all matter related to the United States, former USSR territories, Europe, Israel and Australia.
Family Law: termination of parental rights, rights of the child, child support. (Russia)

I am divorced. I have two minor children of five and six years. I receive very small alimony payments. My ex-husband doesn't insist on meeting our children saying that the children who do not live with him are not his children. But the grandmother (mother-in-law) insists on meeting the children. I am against as my husband's relatives were negative about me even before the divorce. The children live with me. My mother-in-law is going to apply to court. My ex-husband is ready to support her. Do they (my ex-husband and mother-in-law) have a right to meet the children who live with me?


According to Art. 34 of the Family Code of the Russian Federation a child has a right to communicate with both parents, grandfather, grandmother, brothers, sisters and other relatives. Divorce of parents, invalidity of parents' marriage or separate residence of parents doesn't affect child's rights. In case of separate residence of parents a child has a right to communicate to each of them. A child has a right to communicate to his/her parents even in case they live in different countries. All disputes related to upbringing of children shall be settled by judicial means.

Articles and consultations authored by attorney reflect the state of law as of the date of their writing. The laws change daily. Users of this site are advised to consult attorney regarding their situation.
Karina Duvall
russian divorce services Payment by credit card
The highest compliment you can pay me is the referral of a friend or a relative.
+1-212-205-2211 New York
+1-212-574-3288 New York (Fax)
+1-617-850-9199 Boston
+1-310-929-8444 Los Angeles
+9-722-375-2113 Israel
+7-495-662-8721 Moscow
+7-921-946-0582 St.Petersburg
+7-812-309-5697 St.Petersburg (fax)
+38-044-392-8634 Kiev

Divorce in Russia ©

Copyright © 1998-2023

Russian attorney at law Karina Duvall.

Terms and conditions of Russian-Divorce PC

Russian-Divorce Professional Corp. BBB Business Review