Services are provided in native languages by bilingual attorneys: divorces, local and international, consultations about family matters by top experts, Hague Convention, child support, alimony, adoptions, wills and trusts, legalization of foreign divorces, registration and legalization of foreign documents, apostilles, mid-marriage agreements and prenuptials, restoration of vital documents, all matter related to the United States, former USSR territories, Europe, Israel and Australia.

I am a citizen of the Russian Federation but I have been living abroad since 1998. I live in Australia but I am still registered in Russia in a three-room apartment. My mother, her husband (step-father) and my sister with her husband are registered at the same address. I do not pretend to receive a part of the apartment as I am not panning to return to Russia at the moment. As my mother with her husband and my sister with her husband do not get on and fight all the time it became unbearable for them to live in one apartment and they decided to change the apartment. As I have already mentioned I am also registered in the apartment and my mother says that they can not sell the apartment without my written consent. I am 24 years old. In case I do not want to have any part of the apartment, my mother is the main tenant and I haven’t been living in that apartment for more than 2 years, can’t they solve this matter without me??? I can’t go there at the moment. When my mother got divorced she de-registered my father on the basis of his absence and neighbors witnessed that they haven’t seen him at that address for more than 6 months. How can I solve this problem? Thank you.


An advocate specializing in family cases and private international law can help you to solve this problem. In case of proper authorization he will be able to act on your behalf in the territory of the Russian Federation and you will not have to come to Russia.

Articles and consultations authored by attorney reflect the state of law as of the date of their writing. The laws change daily. Users of this site are advised to consult attorney regarding their situation.
Karina Duvall
russian divorce services Payment by credit card
The highest compliment you can pay me is the referral of a friend or a relative.
+1-212-205-2211 New York
+1-212-574-3288 New York (Fax)
+1-617-850-9199 Boston
+1-310-929-8444 Los Angeles
+9-722-375-2113 Israel
+7-495-662-8721 Moscow
+7-921-946-0582 St.Petersburg
+7-812-309-5697 St.Petersburg (fax)
+38-044-392-8634 Kiev

Divorce in Russia ©

Copyright © 1998-2022

Russian attorney at law Karina Duvall.

Terms and conditions of Russian-Divorce PC

Russian-Divorce Professional Corp. BBB Business Review