Services are provided in native languages by bilingual attorneys: divorces, local and international, consultations about family matters by top experts, Hague Convention, child support, alimony, adoptions, wills and trusts, legalization of foreign divorces, registration and legalization of foreign documents, apostilles, mid-marriage agreements and prenuptials, restoration of vital documents, all matter related to the United States, former USSR territories, Europe, Israel and Australia.
Family Law: divorce proceedings, conclusion of marriage (Russia)

I am married. A few months ago I girl I was dating for some time gave birth to a child. I has always been against the birth of this child and I was not to late to change the situation at that moment but she decided to keep the child and promised not to require anything from me. Now she wants me to be registered as child’s father and child support money. Can she somehow make me recognize the child as my child?


The law is on mother’s side in this case. As you do not want to recognize you paternity voluntarily your child’s mother is entitled to file a claim. According to Art. 49 of the Family Code of the Russian Federation in case a child is born from unmarried parents and in absence of parent’s joint application or father’s application, paternity shall be established by the court at request of any of the parents, child’s guardian or at request of a person providing the child with financial support or at child’s request upon reaching the legal age.

Herewith the court accepts any evidence proving paternity. A result of a genetic test is sufficient for settlement of such claims. In case you are proved to be child’s father you will have to support the child until he/she reaches the legal age (18 years) according to Art. 80, 81 of the Family Code of the Russian Federation.

Articles and consultations authored by attorney reflect the state of law as of the date of their writing. The laws change daily. Users of this site are advised to consult attorney regarding their situation.
Karina Duvall
russian divorce services Payment by credit card
The highest compliment you can pay me is the referral of a friend or a relative.
+1-212-205-2211 New York
+1-212-574-3288 New York (Fax)
+1-617-850-9199 Boston
+1-310-929-8444 Los Angeles
+9-722-375-2113 Israel
+7-495-662-8721 Moscow
+7-921-946-0582 St.Petersburg
+7-812-309-5697 St.Petersburg (fax)
+38-044-392-8634 Kiev

Divorce in Russia ©

Copyright © 1998-2023

Russian attorney at law Karina Duvall.

Terms and conditions of Russian-Divorce PC

Russian-Divorce Professional Corp. BBB Business Review