Services are provided in native languages by bilingual attorneys: divorces, local and international, consultations about family matters by top experts, Hague Convention, child support, alimony, adoptions, wills and trusts, legalization of foreign divorces, registration and legalization of foreign documents, apostilles, mid-marriage agreements and prenuptials, restoration of vital documents, all matter related to the United States, former USSR territories, Europe, Israel and Australia.
Family Law: divorce proceedings, conclusion of marriage (USA)

Какую визу необходимо иметь гражданину Америки при въезде в Россию для заключения брака? Пакет каких документов необходимо иметь гражданину Америки? Какими должны быть наши дальнейшие действия, если мы предполагаем жить на родине мужа?


Dear Svetlana,

As United State Citizen your husband has right to bring his fiancee or wife in the United States and/or apply for her Permanent Resident Status (green card) outside or in the United States.

There are K-1 (fiancee) and K-3 (wife) visas available to you if you wish to move to US immediately and then receive the green card. You also can apply for the green card when you are still in Russia and only after getting the card move to US. There are slightly different procedure for K visas. My preference is K-1. And there are different procedure if you wish to get the green card in Russia. It is quite difficult to satisfy the INS requirements for the K visas and/or green card application without professional help. If you do it outside of US the "Consular" process is even more complicated. This is hopefully done just once in a life time and you need to have help of competent immigration attorney.

Feel free to contact me if and when you wish to proceed and I will provide detailed instruction for you and your husband.

Anatoly Kissen, Esq.
Articles and consultations authored by attorney reflect the state of law as of the date of their writing. The laws change daily. Users of this site are advised to consult attorney regarding their situation.
Karina Duvall
russian divorce services Payment by credit card
The highest compliment you can pay me is the referral of a friend or a relative.
+1-212-205-2211 New York
+1-212-574-3288 New York (Fax)
+1-617-850-9199 Boston
+1-310-929-8444 Los Angeles
+9-722-375-2113 Israel
+7-495-662-8721 Moscow
+7-921-946-0582 St.Petersburg
+7-812-309-5697 St.Petersburg (fax)
+38-044-392-8634 Kiev

Divorce in Russia ©

Copyright © 1998-2023

Russian attorney at law Karina Duvall.

Terms and conditions of Russian-Divorce PC

Russian-Divorce Professional Corp. BBB Business Review