Services are provided in native languages by bilingual attorneys: divorces, local and international, consultations about family matters by top experts, Hague Convention, child support, alimony, adoptions, wills and trusts, legalization of foreign divorces, registration and legalization of foreign documents, apostilles, mid-marriage agreements and prenuptials, restoration of vital documents, all matter related to the United States, former USSR territories, Europe, Israel and Australia.
Family Law: divorce proceedings, conclusion of marriage (Russia)



If an agreement covering main issues related to upbringing of the child was signed by the parents such agreement is enough to obtain a Schengen visa and living abroad if provisions covering such issues are included in the agreement. As both parents are citizens of the Russian Federation such agreement shall be signed in the presence of a notary after consulting a lawyer and preparation of a draft agreement. The agreement may be executed in two languages. If citizens of the Russian Federation stay or reside abroad such agreement may be signed in a Consulate or an Embassy of the Russian Federation. I have a vast experience of drafting such agreements. Such agreements are signed by parents all around the world, they simplify relationships between ex-spouses and serve the best interests of minor children. Upon signing in the presence of a notary the agreement shall be apostilled in accordance with the Hague Convention dated 05.10.1961 signed, among others, by Russia and Belgium.

Termination of parental rights is not likely if the parents do not sign such agreement. Termination of parental rights is a measure of last resort applicable to a parent who evades discharge of his/her parental obligations or abuses parental rights. Father’s parental rights will not be terminated if the parents manage to come to an agreement about major issues related to upbringing of the child.

No maximum period between submission of an application for marriage registration and the registration is set by the laws but Vital Records Offices usually do not accept applications for marriage registration earlier than 3 months prior to the proposed registration date.

You should obtain a proof of your marital status in your Consulate in Moscow.

Articles and consultations authored by attorney reflect the state of law as of the date of their writing. The laws change daily. Users of this site are advised to consult attorney regarding their situation.
Karina Duvall
russian divorce services Payment by credit card
The highest compliment you can pay me is the referral of a friend or a relative.
+1-212-205-2211 New York
+1-212-574-3288 New York (Fax)
+1-617-850-9199 Boston
+1-310-929-8444 Los Angeles
+9-722-375-2113 Israel
+7-495-662-8721 Moscow
+7-921-946-0582 St.Petersburg
+7-812-309-5697 St.Petersburg (fax)
+38-044-392-8634 Kiev

Divorce in Russia ©

Copyright © 1998-2023

Russian attorney at law Karina Duvall.

Terms and conditions of Russian-Divorce PC

Russian-Divorce Professional Corp. BBB Business Review