Services are provided in native languages by bilingual attorneys: divorces, local and international, consultations about family matters by top experts, Hague Convention, child support, alimony, adoptions, wills and trusts, legalization of foreign divorces, registration and legalization of foreign documents, apostilles, mid-marriage agreements and prenuptials, restoration of vital documents, all matter related to the United States, former USSR territories, Europe, Israel and Australia.
Family Law: divorce proceedings, conclusion of marriage (USA)

My son,a US citizen, married a Russian girl, helped her to obtain the GC, had a child born, in NJ. After the child was born, she wanted to go back to Russia and to take a 6 month old baby with her. She asks my son to prepare a passport for a child, so that she can visit her family.(Her mom has been visiting her for 6 months previously). My son is afraid she is going to divorce him in Russia, never come back and that she would ask for a child support from Russia. What he is supposed to do? Let her go without divorce or divorce her or annul the marriage? It is obvious for me that she just used my son to get a Green card and legalize her status. She had previous marriage to another guy, but her first American husband did not agree to do the GC paperwork for her, so she divorced him. My son was sincerely in love with her and now he is totally destroyed by the situation. I need to help him out. Please, advise what can be done. Thanks.


Your son can prevent her from going to russia until their divorce is final. They can also enter into an agreement regarding the terms of her departure.

Articles and consultations authored by attorney reflect the state of law as of the date of their writing. The laws change daily. Users of this site are advised to consult attorney regarding their situation.
Karina Duvall
russian divorce services Payment by credit card
The highest compliment you can pay me is the referral of a friend or a relative.
+1-212-205-2211 New York
+1-212-574-3288 New York (Fax)
+1-617-850-9199 Boston
+1-310-929-8444 Los Angeles
+9-722-375-2113 Israel
+7-495-662-8721 Moscow
+7-921-946-0582 St.Petersburg
+7-812-309-5697 St.Petersburg (fax)
+38-044-392-8634 Kiev

Divorce in Russia ©

Copyright © 1998-2023

Russian attorney at law Karina Duvall.

Terms and conditions of Russian-Divorce PC

Russian-Divorce Professional Corp. BBB Business Review