Services are provided in native languages by bilingual attorneys: divorces, local and international, consultations about family matters by top experts, Hague Convention, child support, alimony, adoptions, wills and trusts, legalization of foreign divorces, registration and legalization of foreign documents, apostilles, mid-marriage agreements and prenuptials, restoration of vital documents, all matter related to the United States, former USSR territories, Europe, Israel and Australia.
Questions of registration and citizenship (Russia)

Dual Citizenship. What is it? How to get it?


A person may be a citizen of more than one country. This can happen automatically, based on the citizenship laws of the countries involved. It can happen by marriage. It can also happen by voluntary application based on a country's laws and requirements.

Often when applying for citizenship with another country, individuals are required to provide documentation of lineage in the form of their own birth and marriage records and the birth, death and marriage records of their parents, grandparents, great-grandparents and beyond.

The processes and requirements for applying for citizenship are developed by each individual country and vary from country to country. Many countries require certified copies of vital events in order to verify an applicant's claim of lineage.

Countries will sometimes require that records to be submitted with citizenship applications be authenticated or apostilled. For information about this process, visit our Apostille information page.

When applying for records, to which you are not otherwise entitled, for dual citizenship purposes, you may be required to include documentation of your relationship to the person whose record you are requesting. Uncertified copies of birth, marriage or death certificates showing relationship to the person are sufficient. You must submit the documentation you have and we will contact you if it is not sufficient.

Articles and consultations authored by attorney reflect the state of law as of the date of their writing. The laws change daily. Users of this site are advised to consult attorney regarding their situation.
Karina Duvall
russian divorce services Payment by credit card
The highest compliment you can pay me is the referral of a friend or a relative.
+1-212-205-2211 New York
+1-212-574-3288 New York (Fax)
+1-617-850-9199 Boston
+1-310-929-8444 Los Angeles
+9-722-375-2113 Israel
+7-495-662-8721 Moscow
+7-921-946-0582 St.Petersburg
+7-812-309-5697 St.Petersburg (fax)
+38-044-392-8634 Kiev

Divorce in Russia ©

Copyright © 1998-2023

Russian attorney at law Karina Duvall.

Terms and conditions of Russian-Divorce PC

Russian-Divorce Professional Corp. BBB Business Review