Services are provided in native languages by bilingual attorneys: divorces, local and international, consultations about family matters by top experts, Hague Convention, child support, alimony, adoptions, wills and trusts, legalization of foreign divorces, registration and legalization of foreign documents, apostilles, mid-marriage agreements and prenuptials, restoration of vital documents, all matter related to the United States, former USSR territories, Europe, Israel and Australia.
Family Law: termination of parental rights, rights of the child, child support. (USA)

I have filed for divorce from my wife who is a Russian citizen. We were married in the US and I was looking for a way to service her with the papers when I found your site. About 4 years ago, she took the kids to Russia to visit her mother like she had done every summer, but when they were supposed to come home, she kept them there claiming her mother was too infirm to live on her own. She has since been unwilling to discuss any other arrangements and has refused to bring the kids here to visit. As a result, my youngest daughter - about to turn 6 cannot speak English and I do not speak Russian, so we've never been able to have a conversation and my parents have been virtually cut off from their granddaughters.

I was under the impression I had no recourse under Russian law, but I need to try anything possible.

Divorce is basically a nuclear option. After twice offering to bring the kids for visits and refusing without any explanation or dialog, I started withholding support which is the only card I can play to try and get her to do anything. My wife earns good money, so the kids are not going without unless you consider my oldest daughter might have more private tennis lessons with my support. There is more to the story, but I have only spent 6 weeks total with my daughters in the past 4 years (they are 6 and 10) and this situation is completely unbearable to me which is why I started divorce proceedings. Are there any statutes under Russian law that could help me?



Yes, I can help you to do anything that you decide to do with your case.

Your options are:

1) divorce in Russia with custody and visitation issues;

2) Russian divorce without custody and visitation issues;

3) just visitation case without divorce in Russian Federation;

4) process service in any Russian town if you decide t sue her under American law. If you decide to get divorce under US law, you still need to file visitation case in Russia.

I will be glad to help you with all these issues.

Articles and consultations authored by attorney reflect the state of law as of the date of their writing. The laws change daily. Users of this site are advised to consult attorney regarding their situation.
Karina Duvall
russian divorce services Payment by credit card
The highest compliment you can pay me is the referral of a friend or a relative.
+1-212-205-2211 New York
+1-212-574-3288 New York (Fax)
+1-617-850-9199 Boston
+1-310-929-8444 Los Angeles
+9-722-375-2113 Israel
+7-495-662-8721 Moscow
+7-921-946-0582 St.Petersburg
+7-812-309-5697 St.Petersburg (fax)
+38-044-392-8634 Kiev

Divorce in Russia ©

Copyright © 1998-2023

Russian attorney at law Karina Duvall.

Terms and conditions of Russian-Divorce PC

Russian-Divorce Professional Corp. BBB Business Review