Services are provided in native languages by bilingual attorneys: divorces, local and international, consultations about family matters by top experts, Hague Convention, child support, alimony, adoptions, wills and trusts, legalization of foreign divorces, registration and legalization of foreign documents, apostilles, mid-marriage agreements and prenuptials, restoration of vital documents, all matter related to the United States, former USSR territories, Europe, Israel and Australia.
Notary (USA)

I was born in Manhattan, in NYC, so not naturalized. The addition of a middle name was voluntary, not related to marriage or any other external impetus. Unfortunately, my mother passed away some time ago, so cannot advise me on this. I remember going to the court for the name change (addition of middle name), but I do not remember the exact year. I am fairly certain I was around 10 or 11 years old, which would have been 1968-69. This past week I went to the county and city clerk’s offices in Manhattan to try and find the record. They had me search through the old name change books from those periods (and several years before and after) – those records are not digitized. I did not see my name in those books, and they didn’t seem to have any other way of locating the record. They suggested I try Brooklyn, but I am pretty sure we went to a court in Manhattan, as I only lived in Manhattan until I left the city. We lived in various places in Manhattan when I was growing up – the most likely places are Cornelia St. in the Village, East 4th St. (in the East Village). Unfortunately, I don’t remember the exact street addresses, although I might be able to find out that information.


All that we can do is check all 5 boroughs of NYC.

You must make at least 10 requests: to each county's Supreme Court (New York, Kings, Queens, Richmond, and Bronx). Yes, filing a new case in a different county than where you lived is possible, but within NYC. So, you need to ask each court. I can do it by proxy, but it will be costly for you.

I also can make requests to the NYC Department of Education because they should keep your information on file.

Articles and consultations authored by attorney reflect the state of law as of the date of their writing. The laws change daily. Users of this site are advised to consult attorney regarding their situation.
Karina Duvall
The highest compliment you can pay me is the referral of a friend or a relative.
+1-212-205-2211 New York
+1-212-574-3288 New York (Fax)
+1-617-850-9199 Boston
+1-310-929-8444 Los Angeles
+9-722-375-2113 Israel
+7-495-662-8721 Moscow
+7-921-946-0582 St.Petersburg
+7-812-309-5697 St.Petersburg (fax)
+38-044-392-8634 Kiev

Divorce in Russia ©

Copyright © 1998-2024

Russian attorney at law Karina Duvall.

Terms and conditions of Russian-Divorce PC

Russian-Divorce Professional Corp. BBB Business Review