Services are provided in native languages by bilingual attorneys: divorces, local and international, consultations about family matters by top experts, Hague Convention, child support, alimony, adoptions, wills and trusts, legalization of foreign divorces, registration and legalization of foreign documents, apostilles, mid-marriage agreements and prenuptials, restoration of vital documents, all matter related to the United States, former USSR territories, Europe, Israel and Australia.
Questions of registration and citizenship

As I currently spend more than 183 days per year in Russia, I consider applying for a temporary residency permit in Russia to reduce my tax bill. \nI have the following questions relating to my testament based on choosing Russian law to be applicable to my entire estate in accordance to article 5 of the convention of The Hague on applicable law to the estates of deceased persons concluded on August 1, 1989. \nIf I make a will and testament in Russia, will it be executed in Russia based on claiming habitual (based on owning a house, living there and being married with a Russian national) residency in Russia on my temporary visa registration or do I need a temporary residency permit? \nWill the marriage agreement be executed before the testament? \nDo I understand it correctly that if I relocate after a few years to another country, loosing my temporary residency status in Russia, and take up residency in France, that my testament will still be executed in Russia , because it was written in Russia while I lived there? \nDo you know a competent lawyer in St.P. who can write my testament? \nDo you know somebody who can organize my temporary residency permit?\nRussia


First of all I would like to tell you couple things: \nTemporary residency permit is given to you for 3 years. Only in one year after you will be able to apply for permanent residency permit. You won't be able to live with temporary residency permit all the time. Permanent residency permit allows you to live in Russia all the time and it's given to you for 5 years. Permanent residency permit allows the foreign citizen to live and work in Russia like Russian citizens and pay 13% income taxes (not 30%).\nAs in American legislation, Russian legislation has some points to cancel your temporary residency permit and permanent residency permit. It could happen in case of getting the residence in some other country or living out of Russia for more then 6 month. \nYou have to realize that applying for temporary residence permit and permanent residency permit in Russia, you can lose your permanent residency in United States. And if you live not in the USA for 6 month you still have a chance to save your green card (in case of submission of tax declaration in USA and in case you pay the income taxes in USA), so if you will live out of USA for more then one year you will lose your green card forever. Even if you are not in USA for more then 6 month it could cause irreversible consequences. \nIf you still want to apply for temporary residency permit in Russia, I can consult and help you. \n First the shares of each spouses will be defined. And only after that the testament will start to operate. \nYour testament in Russia will operate until you cancel it or make a new one. It doesn't depend on place of your residence. The easiest way to cancel your testament is to go to any Russian Consulate with the application and to send the same application to the notary public who has notified your testament. \nI would be glad to help you at any time.\nThis answer was prepared by Karina Krasnova:

Articles and consultations authored by attorney reflect the state of law as of the date of their writing. The laws change daily. Users of this site are advised to consult attorney regarding their situation.
Karina Duvall
russian divorce services Payment by credit card
The highest compliment you can pay me is the referral of a friend or a relative.
+1-212-205-2211 New York
+1-212-574-3288 New York (Fax)
+1-617-850-9199 Boston
+1-310-929-8444 Los Angeles
+9-722-375-2113 Israel
+7-495-662-8721 Moscow
+7-921-946-0582 St.Petersburg
+7-812-309-5697 St.Petersburg (fax)
+38-044-392-8634 Kiev

Divorce in Russia ©

Copyright © 1998-2023

Russian attorney at law Karina Duvall.

Terms and conditions of Russian-Divorce PC

Russian-Divorce Professional Corp. BBB Business Review