Services are provided in native languages by bilingual attorneys: divorces, local and international, consultations about family matters by top experts, Hague Convention, child support, alimony, adoptions, wills and trusts, legalization of foreign divorces, registration and legalization of foreign documents, apostilles, mid-marriage agreements and prenuptials, restoration of vital documents, all matter related to the United States, former USSR territories, Europe, Israel and Australia.

Documents from the Civil Act Registration office

Moving to another country, many people are faced with the inability to start or continue the immigration process, apply for judicial protection, or remarry, due to the lack of documents from the Civil Act Registration office.

The non-availability of any document, like a birth certificate, becomes serious, and often an insurmountable obstacle to moving forward. In immigration process, this is especially important, because without proper immigration status, applicants cannot go home to their country to obtain the necessary documents, and it is impossible to obtain immigration status without presenting a birth certificate, marriage certificate or judgment of divorce.

Among some US immigration attorneys there is an opinion that Russia and the countries of the former USSR are somewhere far away, beyond reach, and it is impossible to demand documents from there; they offer their clients to make an affidavits, confirming that they were born-married-divorced. Sometimes this helps, but in most cases leads to a denial of immigration status. Working with foreigners, immigration authorities are well aware of foreign legislation and, generally, do not request unrealistic requirements.

The following list is including but not limited to:
  • Birth Certificate;
  • Death Certificate;
  • Certificate of name change;
  • Marriage Certificate;
  • Certificate of State Marriage Registration (if the marriage is already dissolved);
  • Certificate of Divorce;
  • Birth Certificate of Children;
  • Death Certificate of relatives;
  • Excerpt from foreign Act Registration office;
  • Court's decisions; and
  • Expert's conclusions about arisen problem.

For each document, if necessary, could be done apostille. This requirement is not strict for the United States, where content of the document is more important, however, in Russia and European countries no one document would be even considered without apostille.

We can obtain documents for you fast and neatly, almost from everywhere in the world.

Please contact us at

The highest compliment you can pay me is the referral of a friend or a relative.
+1-212-205-2211 New York
+1-212-574-3288 New York (Fax)
+1-617-850-9199 Boston
+1-310-929-8444 Los Angeles
+9-722-375-2113 Israel
+7-495-662-8721 Moscow
+7-921-946-0582 St.Petersburg
+7-812-309-5697 St.Petersburg (fax)
+38-044-392-8634 Kiev

Divorce in Russia ©

Copyright © 1998-2024

Russian attorney at law Karina Duvall.

Terms and conditions of Russian-Divorce PC

Russian-Divorce Professional Corp. BBB Business Review