Services are provided in native languages by bilingual attorneys: divorces, local and international, consultations about family matters by top experts, Hague Convention, child support, alimony, adoptions, wills and trusts, legalization of foreign divorces, registration and legalization of foreign documents, apostilles, mid-marriage agreements and prenuptials, restoration of vital documents, all matter related to the United States, former USSR territories, Europe, Israel and Australia.
Family law : divorce and division of property. (Russia)

Hi Karina Duvall, thanks for the valuable information. I have some feedback and additional questions.

Thankfully, I do have the marriage certificate with myself. If I need to send you the power of attorney and the marriage certificate, will it be OK if I scan and send the documents by email? Or is it necessary to send the documents by postal service.

Once the divorce is done, will the final document issued by the court or by ZAGS? Will the husband and wife needs to sign on the document for it to be valid, or is it a government document which will be valid without the need of my and my spouse signature?

I have a question about the ground of divorce.

Will it be something standard like "On the grounds of the decision of the justice of the peace"? Or will it be something else. The reason I am asking this is to just make sure that the divorce document will be instantly valid without any further process here.

I am impressed to know that you have handled many international divorces. Also, thanks for understanding the economy and currency differences between USA and other countries. Our currency is weak and is very similar to Ruble. The average salary of a software engineer here, in my home country, is 40,000 Rubles per month approximately.

Hence, I suggest you to kindly consider the total service fee to be [the flat fee]. Please let me know what you think about this and also the other points.


-- Please send me a scan for review, and when whole divorce package will be ready for mailing, I will ask you to send it via Fedex to our Moscow's office.

-- Your divorce will be final in 30 days after judge will make divorce order. Divorce order is final document. Russian divorce certificate by ZAGS not necessary for people who live outside in Russia. Only if you decide to married again in the Russian Federation, you will have to obtain divorce certificate. You have no time frame to obtain this document; your divorce is valid with or without divorce certificate. Most of my clients use divorce judgement and just it.

-- The judge will grant divorce to you with or without your wife's consent. The marriage is voluntary union of husband and wife. So, if one of spouse doesn't wants to be married, it will be ground for divorce.

-- Correct. You do not need a special grounds, and nothing extra will be says in divorce papers.

Ok. I accept your offer. To include consultation fee, please make a payment by September 20.

Articles and consultations authored by attorney reflect the state of law as of the date of their writing. The laws change daily. Users of this site are advised to consult attorney regarding their situation.
Karina Duvall
russian divorce services Payment by credit card
The highest compliment you can pay me is the referral of a friend or a relative.
+1-212-205-2211 New York
+1-212-574-3288 New York (Fax)
+1-617-850-9199 Boston
+1-310-929-8444 Los Angeles
+9-722-375-2113 Israel
+7-495-662-8721 Moscow
+7-921-946-0582 St.Petersburg
+7-812-309-5697 St.Petersburg (fax)
+38-044-392-8634 Kiev

Divorce in Russia ©

Copyright © 1998-2023

Russian attorney at law Karina Duvall.

Terms and conditions of Russian-Divorce PC

Russian-Divorce Professional Corp. BBB Business Review